University of the Cumberlands welcomes students from other countries and is authorized under US Federal Law to enroll non-immigrant international students who are granted F-1 student visas.
To be considered for admission, an international student must submit the following:
- Submit a completed International Student Admissions Application
- Submit a copy of the photo page of the student’s Passport. (This is extremely important. It will help us to correctly list the student’s name on all official documents, according to immigration requirements.)
- Submit a certified, official secondary school report or transcript and Exit Exam or School Leaving Exam scores, if available. Any school documents submitted in a language other than English must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
- Transfer students must submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities previously attended and currently attended.
- Submit official TOEFL or IELTS test scores – required from students whose first language is not English, or from students who were not educated through an English Language delivery method.
- If available, submit scores from the American College Test (ACT) or Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT). (ACT or SAT scores are not required of international students – if an ACT or SAT test score is available, the TOEFL or IELTS score is not required.)
For ACT test information, test centers outside the U.S., and online registration, visit http://www.actstudent.org/regist/outside.html . The code for University of the Cumberlands is 1510.
For SAT test information, test centers outside the U.S., and online registration, click here. The code for University of the Cumberlands is 1145.
Students without either the ACT or SAT must submit a score report from the Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL); the International English Language Testing System (IELTS); or the Society for Testing English Proficiency (STEP Eiken)
For TOEFL information, visit http://www.ets.org/toefl/ . The code for University of the Cumberlands is 1145.
For IELTS information, visit: http://www.ielts.org/default.aspx
For STEP Eiken information, visit: http://stepeiken.org/
University of the Cumberland’s minimum acceptable scores for admission to the regular undergraduate program are as follows:
Paper-based TOEFL (PBT)
Computer-based TOEFL (CBT)
Internet-based TOEFL (IBT)
All international students will be required to take an institutionally based English exam within a few days after their arrival on campus and prior to their registration for courses, regardless of the ACT or SAT, IELTS, TOEFL, or STEP Eiken test scores received. The outcome of this exam will determine a student’s course placement.
For questions, contact:
Rick Fleenor, Ed.D.
Assistant to the President
Director of International Relations