maincurve UC Library MyUC iLearn Webmail Home
title Human Resources Home


View Job Detail

Job Department School of Counseling

Job Title Assistant, Associate or Full Professor of Counseling

Available Date July 1, 2014 

Job Responsibilities   The School of Counseling at University of the Cumberlands seeks a counselor educator to join our faculty as an assistant, associate or full professor.  Primary responsibilities will include teaching three counseling courses each semester (fall, spring and summer) in the areas of clinical mental health or addiction treatment.  This position serves master's students in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Addiction Counseling and doctoral students in Counselor Education and Supervision.  Faculty members are expected to participate in faculty shared governance, curriculum development, recruitment, student advisement, dissertation committees, scholarly research, and professional service activities.  The School of Counseling hires and respects a diverse faculty.

Job Requirements  
  • Earned doctorate (by time of appointment) in Counselor Education.  Each faculty member must serve as CACREP core faculty.
  • Licensed as a Professional Counselor, or eligible
  • Work experience in clinical mental health
  • Experience in clinical supervision
  • Effective oral and written communication skills
  • Experience using a variety of instruction technology and delivery methods

Desired Qualifications:

  • Knowledgeable of CACREP-accredited counseling programs
  • Experience teaching graduate level CACREP core areas as well as specialized courses in clinical mental health and career development
  • Successful teaching experience at the graduate level
  • Record of professional and scholarly productivity
  • Involvement in state, regional, or national counseling associations

Job Location Main Campus and Online 

Compensation Commensurate with expertise and experience 

Benefits Yes 




University of the Cumberlands
Office of Human Resources
6184 College Station Drive
Williamsburg, KY 40769
(606)539-4211 or (800) 343-1609 ext. 4211