title Financial Home

Menu Bar Academics Student Life Apply to UC

Work Study

The Federal Work-Study Program is a program using federal money to provide a way for students with financial need to earn money to help pay education expenses.

A student's total Federal Work-Study award depends on when the application is received, level of financial need, and Cumberland's current funding level.

Work-study jobs are paid minimum wage for each hour worked. Checks are issued twice a month and are available at the Bursar’s Office. Students are encouraged to use this money to pay off their student account first, then use any remainder to pay for outside educational expenses.

Though work-study jobs are generally on campus, some off campus work is available. On campus work-study is available in nearly every campus office and organization. Off campus jobs are generally work for a private nonprofit organization or an agency with community interest.

To apply for Federal Work-Study, students must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

Click here to view the work-study manual.

Apply for Student Employment