Monthly Payment Plans
Enrollment is currently closed for Fall 2014.
Spring 2014 plan applications will open on November 15, 2014.
Only US citizens are eligible to enroll in one of the university’s payment plans. International students, and those US citizens who choose not to enroll in one of the payment plan options, must pay the balance due by the beginning of each term/session.
Any currently enrolled US citizen, or parent/guardian of a student who is a US citizen enrolled at the university, is eligible to enroll in one of our monthly payment plans. By enrolling, you are able to pay your tuition in monthly installments instead of the one lump sum payment that is due at the beginning of each term/session. This means you will be able to add your tuition into your monthly household budget and make it more affordable. Payment plan applications are not renewable and an application is due at the beginning of each term to secure monthly installments. Also, a student can have only one active plan per term.
All plans are interest free. You can participate in any of the plans and pay monthly without accruing interest.
A tuition payment plan is available at NO CHARGE.
Payment Plan Options
|Installment Due Dates||Application
|F05||5||August 1 – December 1||June 15 – July 14|
|F04||4||September 1 – December 1||June 15 – August 14|
|F03||3||October 1 – December 1||June 15 – September 14|
|Installment Due Dates||Application
|S05||5||January 1 – May 1||November 15 – December 14|
|S04||4||February 1 – May 1||November 15 – January 14|
|S03||3||March 1 – May 1||November 15 – February 14|
|Installment Due Dates||Application
|U03||3||June 1 – August 1||April 15 – May 14|
|U02||2||July 1 – August 1||May 15 – June 14|
|U01||1||August 1||June 15 – July 14|
*Costs for all sessions (Main, IG, IUG, IIG, and IIUG) within the Fall, Spring or Summer terms are combined for total costs for the term as a whole.
Payments are due on the first day of each month. If we do not receive your payment by the 10th of each month in which the payment is due or if we receive a partial payment you will be charged a late fee of $35.00 and may be subject to plan termination. In the event your payment plan is terminated for any reason, you are required to pay the university all charges due on the date of termination.
How to Enroll
You will want to secure and finalize all of the available financial aid prior to applying for your payment plan. You can only apply for a payment plan through the Bursar’s office. Payment plan applications are not renewable and an application is due each term to secure monthly installments.
- On Line – you can complete an application @ http://www.ucumberlands.edu/financialaid/payment-plans/
- In Person – you can obtain, complete, and submit a payment plan application at the Bursar’s office. Our office is located in the Gatliff Building room 120.
- By Mail – you can download a payment plan application from our website @ www.ucumberlands.edu/admissions/financialaid/paymentplan.html . Mail your completed application to: University of the Cumberlands, 6194 College Station Drive, Williamsburg, KY 40769.
Please direct all your questions directly to our Bursar, Mrs. Jo Dupier. Her direct phone number is 1-606-539-4206 and her email is Jo.Dupier@ucumberlands.edu . Once your application has been approved, we will send you a copy of your contract and you will begin your payments according to the plan you have selected.
Terms and Conditions
1. Enrollment. Enrollment is accomplished by completing and submitting your Payment Plan Application. Enrollment can be made any time during our enrollment period for the plan you choose. However, you cannot have two plans active at the same time.
2. Allowable Educational Expenses. You should include tuition, room & board, textbook allowance, course fees, and student medical insurance (if required) for the academic term.
3. Payment Plan Amount. The costs for the term (less any down payments and /or financial aid) is payable in monthly installments. The installments are due on the first day of each month. Your payments will begin and end on the dates outlined in the payment plan you have selected. The installment amount due each month will remain consistent for the duration of the plan. However, the final installment may be increased or decreased to fully satisfy your tuition account balance for the term.
4. Payment Plan Responsibility. Each student is responsible for their tuition account and payment plan. Parent(s) or Guardian(s) can make the payment arrangements – however, the student is the responsible party. Once your application has been approved, we will mail you a copy of your contract and you will begin your payments according to the plan you have selected. Monthly billing statements will not be sent during the duration of your contract until the final installment is due.
5. Fees and Other Charges.
- Application fee – No Charge.
- Late payment fee of $35 (non-refundable) will be charged if full payment for your installment amount is not received in our office by the 10th of the month in which it was due.
- Return check fee of $20 (non-refundable) will be charged for any check returned by your bank for any reason.
6. Failure to Pay. Failure to make the required payment within 60 days of the first installment due date may result in termination from the plan. Any unpaid tuition account at the university is due in full immediately upon termination. If you are no longer enrolled and leave owing a debt, your debt will be placed with an outside agency if you do not secure other payment arrangements with the Bursar’s office. The university reserves the right to charge 12% APR on all accounts placed with an outside collection agency.
7. Changes in the Payment Plan Amount. You are responsible to notify the Bursar’s office of any increase or decrease in your financial aid and/or costs. Examples of normal changes may include, but not limited to, obtaining an additional financial aid award, losing a financial aid award, failure to secure outside scholarship(s), failure to earn and/or apply workstudy earnings, incurring miscellaneous charges and Campus Bookstore charges omitted from your payment plan application. It is your responsibility to notify the Bursar’s office immediately of any changes. If the plan amount is decreased below the amounts already paid by the participant, the university will refund the credit balance through its normal refund policy.
8. Registration Confirmation and Bursar Holds. All students are expected to secure financial arrangements at the beginning of each term (Fall, Spring, or Summer) by completing one of the following:
a.) have a financial aid award to cover full costs
b.) pay all costs not covered by financial aid
c.) have an approved payment plan for all costs not covered by financial aid.
Students living in campus housing are required to secure financial arrangements before moving into the dorm or within 24 hours after they move into the dorm in order to remain in campus housing.