Dr. Kirby Clark, Ph. D.
Associate Professor of Missions and Ministry
When he became a member of the University of the Cumberlands [formerly Cumberland College] faculty in 2001, Dr. Kirby Clark brought with him nearly 30 years worth of experience as a minister and professor of religion. He was a teaching assistant at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, and taught at Wayland Baptist University, as well as for the Southern Baptist Seminaries’ Seminary Extension program in various locations.
Dr. Clark received a B.A. (English-Philosophy) from the University of New Mexico and an M.P.S. (public administration) from Western Kentucky University (the latter while serving as an officer in the US Army, stationed at Fort Campbell, KY). He also holds the M.R.E. and Ph.D. degrees from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary.
- RELG 135 - Old Testament Survey
- RELG 136 - New Testament Survey
- RELG 231 - Introduction to Preaching
- RELG 233 - Introduction to Christian Ethics
- RELG 234 - Interpreting the Bible
- RELG 235 - Spiritual Formation for Ministry
- RELG 333 - Theology of Worship
- RELG 334 - Introduction to Pastoral Care
- RELG 335 - Church Administration
- RELG 410 - Senior Seminar
- RELG 436 - Christian Education
- RELG 493 - Supervised Field Experience in Ministry
- RELG 537 - Christian Education (graduate)
- RELG 635 - Church Administration (graduate)
Publications and Presentations
“Adequacy of Training.” Search 21:2 (1991).
Teaching procedures and resource kit items for “Great Doctrines: The Doctrine of Salvation.” Baptist Young Adults (Oct-Nov-Dec 1989).
“Meeting Needs Through Appropriate Curriculum.” Southern Baptist Theological Adult Education Association, annual meeting (1988) presentation.
“Seminary Studies Program Coordinators’ Handbook.” Nashville: Seminary External Education Division, 1988.
“Seminary Studies: Extending the Campus.” Search 18:2 (1988).
“Evaluation: The Backward Glance.” Lifelong Learner 15:1 (1987).
“Spiritual Care in a Hospice Setting.” Search 18:1 (1987).
Book reviews in various publications including Educational Gerontology and Search.