Ms. Gayle Majors
Associate Professor of Music
Ms. Gayle Majors has been a member of the Cumberland College music faculty since 1973. She earned a B.A. in Music from Belmont College in 1971, and a Master of Music (M.M.) from George Peabody College for Teachers in 1972.
Anyone attending a Cumberland College event that includes music quickly becomes familiar with Ms. Majors’ talent. She regularly plays piano and organ for Convocation, commencement ceremonies, and the annual Hanging of the Green. She accompanies faculty and student vocalists, and performs as both accompanist and soloist at the Phyllis Richardson Wood Faculty Scholarship Recital each fall. She is in great demand locally as a church organist, and frequently serves as a judge at piano festivals.
- MUSC 130 Music Appreciation
- MUPR 100 Class Piano
- MUPR 117 Class Piano I
- MUPR 118 Class Piano II
- MUED 324 Teaching Music in the Elementary School
- MUED 331 School Music
- MUAM 011-422 Applied Music: Piano / Organ
Publications, Presentations, and Performances
- Hymn Introduction. Pedalpoint.
- Presentation. Hymn Treatments. Church Music Leadership Conference
- Keyboard Performances:
- Fine Arts Association of Southeast Kentucky
- Phyllis Richardson Wood Faculty Scholarship Recital, Cumberland College
- Hanging of the Green, Cumberland College
- Commencement, Cumberland College
- Convocation, Cumberland College
- Faculty Recitals, Cumberland College
- London Area Performing Artists, London, KY.