Dr. Susan Rose
Director of School Counseling
Responsible for directing the school counseling program; advising students; preparation, teaching coursework and research; communication of program of studies; teaching coursework for program; assessing student progress; providing feedback to class participants; meeting and consulting with class members and university colleagues; public relations to community.
Developed character education curriculum, Building a Champion Character, providing lessons in social skills, values, character building, and classroom management. Share the program in Professional Development seminars. Published and distributed the program through Amazon and my web-site www.CounselingToday.com.
Rose, Susan R. (2009). Instructor Manual. For Lee, C., Burnhill, D., Butler, A., Hipilito-Delgado, C., Humphrey, M., Munoz, O., and Shin, H. Elements of Culture in Counseling. Columbus, OH: Pearson – Merrill.
Rose, Susan R. (2005). Building a Champion Character: Primary Guidance Program. Parker, Colorado: Outskirts Press, Inc.
Rose, Susan R. (2005). Building a Champion Character: Intermediate Guidance Program. Parker, Colorado: Outskirts Press, Inc.
Colorado Independent Publishers Association Education and Literacy Foundation
2007 “EVVY” Book Awards, 1st Place – Workbooks for Building a Champion Character, Primary Version
Metropolitan Who’s Who Among Executive and Professional Women 2007 – 2008
Who’s Who in Business 2008/2009 Edition
Licenses and Certifications
- Guidance and Counseling, Grades K – 12, Kentucky 12/14/99 – 06/30/14
- Teaching in the Middle Grades 5 – 8, Languages Arts/Math, Kentucky 07/01/93 – 06/30/08
- School Counseling, Grades K – 12, Indiana 03/05/09 – 03/05/19
Professional Memberships & Affiliations
- American Education Research Association
- American Counseling Association
- Association for Counselor Education and Supervision
- Kentucky Counseling Association
- American School Counselors Association
- Kentucky School Counselors Association
- National Education Association