Dr. Michael Dickman
Professor of Communication Arts
Dr. Michael Dickman earned a B.S. in General Studies at Southeast Missouri State University in 1982, followed by an M.A. in Speech Communication at Wichita State University in 1985. He joined the faculty of Cumberland College in 1993 and, while teaching full time and directing the Forensics Team, he began work on a doctorate in Philosophy of Communication at Southern Illinois University, successfully defending his thesis in 1997.
Dr. Dickman has been honored with awards for his work with students in competitive debate. In 1988, he was named Top Debate Coach at Duke University, and in 1996 he was recognized as Top Debate Critic at a tournament at the University of North Carolina-Charlotte. He has served as Vice President for the Kentucky Forensics Association and is presently a member of the National Communication Association.
- COMM 130 Interpersonal Communication
- COMM 230 Introduction to Public Speaking
- COMM 232 Interviewing
- COMM 332 Small Group Communication
- COMM 333 Argumentation and Debate
- COMM 412, 413, 414 Forensics (Competitive Speech and Debate)
- COMM 434 Communication Theory