BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN CHEMISTRY w/ SECONDARY EDUCATION CERTIFICATION
REQUIREMENTS--36 semester hours as described below.
- CHEM 132 General College Chemistry, I
- CHEM 111 Laboratory for General College I
- CHEM 232 General College Chemistry, II
- CHEM 211 Laboratory for General College II
- CHEM 331 Organic Chemistry, I
- CHEM 321 Laboratory for Organic Chemistry I
- CHEM 332 Organic Chemistry, II
- CHEM 322 Laboratory for Organic Chemistry II
- CHEM 336 Analytical Chemistry
- CHEM 328 Laboratory for Analytical Chemistry
- CHEM 345 Survey of Physical Chemistry
Or CHEM 431 & Chem 411 Physical Chemistry I & Physical Chemistry Lab I
- CHEM 413 Teaching Practicum in Chemistry
- CHEM 434 Inorganic Chemistry
- CHEM 490 Senior Studies, Capstone in Chemistry (2 hours required)
- CHEM 491 Selected Topics or BIOL 434 Biochemistry (3 hours required)
Students seeking secondary certification must also take the 36 hours of required professional education courses as described in the Department of Education - Secondary Education portion of this website.
BACHELOR OF ARTS IN CHEMISTRY w/ SECONDARY EDUCATION CERTIFICATION
REQUIREMENTS-- Completion of the requirements for the Bachelor of Science degree plus a foreign language through the intermediate level.