BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN ART WITH P-12 TEACHER CERTIFICATION
REQUIREMENTS--45 semester hours as follows:
Core requirements for a major in Art
- ART 132 Ancient to Gothic Art
- ART 133 Renaissance to Modern Art
- ART 134 Drawing I
- ART 135 Fundamental Design
- ART 230 Computer Imaging I
- ART 231 Drawing II
- ART 331 School Art
- ART 430 Art in the Secondary School
- ART 434 Contemporary Art History
- ART 439 Senior Seminar
6 hours from one of the following sequences:
- Art 335 Painting I and Art 336 Painting II
- Art 436 Sculpture I and Art 437 Sculpture II
- Art 333 Computer Imaging II and Art 334 Photography
9 hours of Art electives at the 300 or 400 level.
Art Majors are strongly encouraged to complete the requirements for the B.A. degree.
Students seeking secondary certification must also take the 36 hours of required professional education courses as described in the Department of Education - Secondary Education portion of this website.